In honor of Max's 3 Month birthday, I've decided to start a blog to help keep family and friends updated on his current happenings. Actually, it is more to save me from repeating everything 84 times in various emails. He is growing and changing so quickly that I want to capture it while I can! So, like many mommies before me, I am certain that everyone will be as endlessly fascinated by my baby as I am. Or you will read it because you are bored and looking to waste time on the internet. Either way, Max's adventures will be recorded for posterity.
Max is the king of entertainment (in addition to being King of the Babies...more on that later). He loves to smile and laugh and cannot contain himself if someone whistles for him. He rolled over for the first time at 12 weeks, but it took a few more weeks for him to really get moving. It still surprises him when he does it and he lays there like he is wondering what just happened. Max has become a voracious eater and is gaining weight steadily. He had barely made it onto the bottom of the growth chart at his two month doctor visit (4th and 5th percentile in weight and height) but we can tell he is growing every time we pick him up! He is sleeping well at night. He goes to bed at 8 pm and gets up around 7:30 am with only one feeding in between. He slept through the night once, but seems to only want to do that when Grammy puts him to bed! He usually sleeps 7 to 9 hours at a stretch. If we fed him later, then he would probably be "sleeping through the night" with no feedings, but this is the schedule he put himself on and we prefer him to have an early bedtime so that Jason and I can have some time together before we go to bed! Plus, I don't want to screw him up!
I recently went back to work part time. I work as a therapist with children who have been abused. My agency was very accommodating and allowed me to split my job with another therapist so I can work 2 1/2 days a week. My mom (Grammy) is keeping Max on the days I work and Max is already a complete grandma's boy. I'm sure she is secretly spoiling him rotten while I'm gone and trying to convince him that living in the country is a better life.
Ok, so I'm new to the whole blog arena, but I know I have enjoyed reading my friends' blogs and re-reading other mommy blogs to try to determine if my child is on target or a freak of nature. Hopefully, someone will enjoy this even if it is just Max's grandparents! Happy reading!
3 comments:
I love and will love this. Smugmug was already one of my daily hits. :)
Marie, please tell your mom that I said "Hey!" I know she's got to be loving her time with Max!
Post a Comment