Monday, July 6, 2009

Demolition Man, Part 2

Welcome to this week's edition of Demolition Derby. The fun continues downstairs as ceilings, walls, and floors were removed.

 Goodbye ceilings....


Goodbye kitchen walls...


Goodbye kitchen floor!


The party also moved upstairs where they began to really, really tear things out.



We decided to reallocate a bedroom on the second floor to create a master suite. The bedroom shown below will be the master, the bath will be MY closet (Jason gets his own), and the connecting bedroom will become our bathroom.



After scores of requests (in excess of 3!) begging for pictures of the 1923 toilet, I am complying with popular demand. 

Downstairs Power Room Toilet
(Can you find the flusher?)



Upstairs Guest Room Bath
(I think the blue stain adds a bit of charm)


I do not understand the two completely different styles (and colors) of tile, nor the center featured showerhead. But I do love that the knobs are labeled "Hot", "Cold", and "Waste"!


The destruction of the bathrooms was very necessary, but did not necessarily create interesting pictures. I like this one instead with all the bathroom features located in the bedroom! (And a member of the demo crew trying to get out of the picture!)


An additional piece of demolition is one of the house's two chimneys. We decided that having a fireplace in a toddler's bedroom was asking for trouble. The chimney also extended into the kitchen where it offered no benefit, but took up space. Goodbye, chimney!



It's hard to tell because I took this picture on my cell phone, but the worker on top is flexing for the benefits of the readers!

Demo should be finished soon...onward to plumbing and electrical!

No comments: