Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sign of the Times

We like to announce our important news with a fun sign.


First, there was the news that The Max was on his way!



Next, the opportunity for an April Fools' prank on Daddy...


Naturally, we could not let the chance pass to tease our parents about their expectations concerning our trip to China...
(See above picture in Egypt for reference)


But this time the sign is for real!
No jokes, no teasing.


We wanted our new little one to have a special sign too,
right from the beginning!

Max will become a big brother next spring! I am due on Passover (April 19th) and we have already made a list of appropriate Old Testament names. I am impressed by how Max has taken the news. He is excited even if he doesn't quite understand the logistics. Some of our favorite comments:

"Is the mailman bringing the baby? It coming in the mail? Today?"
"Is that my baby?" (When we heard a baby crying)
"The baby in your belly, Mama? Me too?"
"I want a baby brother. Like Kyle's." (Except Kyle has a baby sister)
"My baby take a bath with me?"
"I'm your baby too, Mama."

Welcome to our family, little one!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

SO excited for y'all! Max is so cute, and he's going to be a great big brother and teach his little sibling ALL about everything!

Katie Garvin said...

Congrats, Marie and Jason! And Max! Sounds like he's going to be a great big brother.