Baby Boot Camp 1 commenced in the spring of 2007. The first "roomie child" had been born to Sally, so Rebecca and I journeyed to Florence to be christened as aunties. Little did we know that it would be a baptism by fire. We were quickly indoctrinated in the ways of a newborn baby, which included sleepless nights, rocking, slippery baths, breast pumps and more. My friends did not know that I was pregnant yet and proceeded to scare me thoroughly before I admitted that detail. However, we did enjoy lots of wonderful cuddle time with sweet little William!
Fast forward to current time. Once again Sally has given us a roomie nephew and we were able to go visit Baby Andrew at 3 1/2 weeks old for Baby Boot Camp 2. This time Laura was also able to participate. And, once again, I was already pregnant for the experience.
Shockingly the newborn baby stuff appeared to be a breeze the second time around. Baby Andrew provided us with fantastic entertainment in the form of sweet glances and snuggles and appears to have his Daddy's laid back personality. The biggest challenge was managing the baby stuff in addition to an active three year old! And there were four of us present for duty! Despite the juggling act, I think William and Andrew's Mommy will be up to the task.
I can only hope that my family transitions as successfully! However, after being exposed to the...ahem...willfulness of two different 3 year olds at two different houses in the same weekend might scare Rebecca and Laura away from parenthood forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment