Otherwise known as Our Christmas in Song Titles:
The Night Before Christmas
Sleep Well, Little Children
Silent Night
(Not quite)
Here Comes Santa Claus
Joy to the World
Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
What Child is This?
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
Greatest Gift of All
(From Max to Sarah)
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
(or a horse)
The Friendly Beasts
No Place Like Home for the Holidays
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
All I Want for Christmas is You!
My favorite memories of Christmas this year were not necessarily captured on camera. In fact, I often put down the camera in order to be more present (and accepted the result being pictures of my family that are more than a bit humorous). A few of those moments:
Reading and discussing the nativity story with a boy who may not understand the theology, but clearly comprehends babies and birthdays!
Witnessing the delight Max found in giving the gifts he had chosen for Sarah and family members, and feeling proud that he wanted to hand those out before he opened the wrapped presents designated for him.
Incorporating Sarah into our Christmas traditions and making new ones with her. And being right that her favorite gift would be a roll of paper towels!
Feeling even more excited to be a parent at Christmas than to be a child. I insisted on getting Max up early because I couldn't wait any longer!
Shedding tears (at more than one time) during the season because I felt so incredibly happy to be with my husband, children, siblings, parents, and extended family! Our life is very full of the most wonderful gifts.
We Wish You a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment