Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart of Hearts

My babies at the Julie Valentine Memorial


For the second year I spent my Valentine's Day celebrating the work of my agency, the Julie Valentine Center. The guest speaker at our luncheon was Elizabeth Smart, who inspired everyone with her sincere and thoughtful words. It is especially meaningful to hear a survivor validate the hope and confidence we attempt to help our clients regain. I emphasize over and over with my clients that the abuse does not have to define who they are as a person. Hearing Elizabeth Smart utter those exact words made me very grateful to have the opportunity to do what I do. And we got to see her Valentine - her cute fiancé was with her!

At home, our Valentine's Day was full of treats! We started the day with a heart scavenger hunt around the house. Max had to find the heart clues that led him to his and Sarah's Valentine gifts. We delivered Max's valentines to some friends. Max made sure to keep one for himself! (The shovels were a big hit thanks to Pinterest!)
'

After the Julie Valentine Luncheon, I escorted my valentines to a place close to my heart: Krispy Kreme.

KK- Today, Tomorrow, Always

So maybe Mommy ate one before she was able to get a picture!
And we wrapped up our day with a "red" feast for dinner! 
A sweet day for my sweet family!

No comments: