Our Disney trip was indeed incredible, as evidenced by the number of posts I have devoted to it! This was one time when the experience lived up to all the hype. I have a tendency to set my expectations high, and I tried very hard to keep them reasonable for Disney World. I know it can be overstimulating and overwhelming for young kids AND adults. But watching Max encounter so many new sights, foods, characters, and thrills was priceless. We were very proud of how he handled everything and extraordinarily grateful to have the opportunity to spend individual time with our big boy!
What was Sarah up to while we were hanging out with Mickey? Enjoying her own individual time at Mimi and Babba's house! Every picture we received contained a face like this:
We deliberately chose to wait until an age when we thought Max would appreciate and remember the trip, but wanted to do it prior to starting kindergarten because scheduling is more flexible. I have nothing to compare it to, but we believe four (almost five) was a perfect age! And even though we are planning to go back with Sarah and Max next year, she will need her own pre-kindergarten trip as well!
Saying goodbye to our new friends!
My favorite part of the trip occurred when Max came up to me on our last day and said, "Mommy, I've been having so much fun today that I forgot to say thank you." Melt. My. Heart.
Thank you for the precious memories!



2 comments:
Marie- I rarely comment, but I read every one of your posts. I have loved reading about your Disney experience. We have debated taking Perron next year or the year after. We to believe that we will leave baby brother at home when we go the first time. It looks like y'all had a wonderful time and the thanking you part made my mommy heart smile. We can not wait to see you guys in a few weeks and meet those two precious kids in person!
Thanks, Julia! Between me and Ashlee we can give you lots of advice! We are super excited about seeing you and meeting Perron too!
Post a Comment