I started blogging after Max was born as a way to keep extended family and friends updated about our family without having to email the same information repeatedly. Gradually my blog became the scrapbook for remembering some of the stories, adorable pictures, and funny sayings of the wee ones. It is a narrative I hope my children will peruse one day to laugh about their dated clothes and blush with embarassment over their antics. I hope they will also view it as my love letter to them.
I love reading other people's blogs because it gives me the opportunity to remain close to people even when physical proximity has divided us. It delights me to know more details about the happenings of friends in Texas or Louisville or Florence or Durham than I do about some friends that I see weekly. It allows me to still feel part of their lives.
A perfect example is the blog of a friend from college. Without her blog I would only know that she currently lives in Birmingham and has two adorable children. Instead, I discoverd from reading her blog that her 3 year old son is passionate about the symphony. He watches concerts, knows the conductors, and pretends to conduct his own orchestra from atop a box. I mentioned his unusal talent to Jason, who is on the Symphony Board of Directors here. He emailed our friend and offered her son the opportunity to travel to Greenville to watch a reherasal and meet the maestro in person. Soon thereafter we got to spend time with our college friend, meet her sweet family, and witness an estraordinary boy's happiness - all thanks to blogging!
My blog is not full of wisdom. It does not encourage others to do great works or promote spiritual growth. I often get behind on uploading pictures or forget to document a memorable occasion. But it is our story and it is well-loved by us and the occasional viewer!
3 comments:
Marie- Thank you! I love it! I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog too and it was like I already knew Sarah and Max before I got to meet them in person. I need to be more diligent about documenting our life through our blog. Unfortunately by the time I am finally not too exhausted to do that, my kids will be 18 and no one will think their antics are cute anymore :). Thank you so much to you and Jason for arranging this opportunity for Perron. He was beyond thrilled and still talks about it ALL.THE.TIME.
This is a fantastic story. How wonderful@
And don't you dare "apologize." This blog serves a fantastic purpose.
You are welcome! We loved seeing you! I didn't want to put your name because I hadn't asked you first :) And thanks, Meredith, although your bog is definitely more inspiring!
Post a Comment