After NINE consecutive weeks of shortened school weeks and at least one child home every day, you would think that I would spend my blissful child-free hours basking in the quiet, getting some chores done, or running errands. Instead, I ended up spending more time with my kids - in their classrooms at school!
At Sarah's school, the snowman beckons you to come inside!
(Her teacher is incredibly crafty)
(Late) Valentine fun
Wanna take a ride with me?
Decorating cookies
Sprinkle overload!
After learning about President Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. in honor of Presidents' Day, Max informed me that they both "got shot" and MLK "freed the slaves". Hmm…One of Max's classmates told his mother that he didn't want to be President because "it is hard and they get shot". He also said he no longer wanted to stay in hotels because MLK was killed in a hotel. I'm not sure this particular history lesson was helpful!
Max's schoolwork is particularly entertaining when they are encouraged to spell words on their own. "I know that polar animals have blubber. I know that penguins eat fish." (Spelling corrected)
Max got a surprise at school for lunch…and it wasn't the mystery meat!
Auntie Beckers kindly agreed to participate in the lunch experience by eating cafeteria food at 10:30. Max was very excited to introduce her to his friends. "Gray, Will, this is my Auntie Beckers. She got here last night." Auntie Beckers got an important education in kindergarten politics as she was told who she could and could not speak to by Max's friends.
I'm so very grateful to be able to spend time at both of their schools, but I'm also grateful to have an entire week when both kids go to school on their assigned days!









No comments:
Post a Comment