Carl Sandburg:
Famous American Author
Pulitzer Prize Winning Poet
Goat farmer?
The Carl Sandburg Home in Flat Rock is a common field trip destination as school children are brought to marvel at the gorgeous pastoral setting that inspired his writing.
"The fog comes on little cat feet…"
I'd like to pretend that was the reason for our trip and we read his poetry aloud during the drive there.
But, let's be real.
One fast lap around the house and my kids were clamoring for the goats.
Bring on the goats!
Baby goats!
The fog comes on little GOAT feet?
Sarah could not get enough of these cuties
Stare-off
Someone doesn't want to leave the "am-inals".
(And she lost her bow)
Whose Mommy keeps a back-up bow in the car?
The Mommy of a child who sheds bows like a cat sheds fur.
Love how she "reads" the menu very, very carefully.
More Am-inals!
This sign was very concerning to me for several reasons. First, I thought the type looked suspiciously like Auntie Lala's handwriting. Then I misread the sign and thought it said, "Please do not feed, Lala". Was my Lala trapped in a cage in North Carolina?
Clearly, I need to stick with the writings of Carl Sandburg instead of those in the restaurant gift shop.

















No comments:
Post a Comment