Before I was pregnant, I never understood why people counted pregnancy length in weeks instead of months. When someone told me how far along she was, I would mentally try to convert it to months. The confusion only seemed to continue after the child was born and their age would be calculated in months, even past their first birthday. Why not just say the kid is 1 year old instead of 13, 15, or 17 months?
Now, having been pregnant and an older and wiser parent, I understand that there are just too many changes that occur each week of gestation or each month after the child is born to encompass your child's stage by the generic "one year". Apparently, that only lasts until they are 2 and then their ages begin to be calculated by years. Development and fun must slow way down then!
Dear Max,
The age of reason has dawned! Max, I watch in amazement as you learn to figure things out and complete multiple steps for a task. You are learning so much and so quickly! You love to imitate the grown ups and take each activity very seriously. You load the dishwasher (using clean tupperware, your shoes, or any other item that looks as though it may fit inside), water the plants, hold the phone up to your ear and babble, brush your hair, and try to hang ornaments on the tree! You also love to wash your toys under the faucet in the bathtub and scrub them with a washcloth. We are really going to have to be more careful about what we do in front of you!I am very pleased that you have inherited at least part of my cleanliness gene. You will take your bath toys out and then put them back into their pouch. Occasionally, you even put the books back on the shelf. That is definitely behavior that deserves reinforcement!
Recently, you've shown interest in feeding yourself and finished the applesauce using the spoon on your own. Words are still few and far between, but it is easy to make you giggle! All it requires is a little chasing and roaring like a lion. Your Daddy loves to be silly with you, although he's beginning to wonder if you will ever respect him. For most of the month, you would only take a few cautious steps at a time, but you are starting to get more confident and I think you are ready to take off! Especially when the kitties tempt you to come closer. You love to get forehead to forehead with them and have a staring contest and to lay your head on their bellies.
Much love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment