The Eagles
They may be geriatric (they referred to the concert as their "Assisted Living Tour", but the men can still sing. However, closeups on the jumbotron were unnecessary. This group attracted everyone from a 9 year old girl to a 90 year old white haired lady. Background: The Eagles are one of the few bands that I've always wanted to see in concert. A few years ago, I was very excited to discover they were touring and stood in line ( a first!) to buy tickets for myself, Jason, and Stephanie. However, when the concert date arrived, I could not locate the tickets. I turned the house upside down, but never found them. My wonderful husband purchased our recent tickets as a Christmas gift since I missed out last time. Stand-out Fan: A tie between the skinny guy doing the head and shoulder groove and shaking his butt in the face of the unlucky man seated next to him and the lady in the sequined florescent shirt doing a lap dance for her husband during "Lying Eyes". Best Part: Old people like to sit down during concerts!
New Kids on The Block
My sister was the biggest NKOTB fan back in the day, so tickets to their reunion tour were a natural birthday gift for her. We drove to Atlanta even though they later booked a Charlotte show and now are coming to Greenville in the spring. The place was completely packed with 30-something aged women and approximately 6 men. Background: NKOTB at the Furman football stadium was my very first concert. Donnie was my favorite heartthrob! Stand-out Fan: The women in homemade tshirts with the current tour date and their favorite New Kids songs. Best Part: The close up of Donnie shaking his derriere like he is still a teen idol instead of an aging has-been.
K.S.M
Who is K.S.M? Good question. I have no idea, which begs the question of how did I end up at their concert. The auditorium was full of pre-adolescent girls and their mothers. Stephanie and I were obviously out of place without a young Hannah Montana accompanying us. Background: Because my sister and I are gymnastic junkies, Jason surprised us with tickets to the Tour of Champions following the Olympics. Little did we know that we would be subjected to the vocal stylings of this wanna-be band. They took up the majority of the show with little time left over for actual gymnastics. Stand-out Fan: What fans? They were horrible! Best Part: I forced Stephanie to agree to go with Max to concerts as he gets older because I cannot handle the noise.
Note to readers: I would have posted this story earlier, but I was waiting for my slack sister to send me pictures. As you can see, I am still waiting.
3 comments:
I don't know who K.S.M. is either but is it just me or do they all look like very young drag queens? I'm serious...those aren't all actually girls right?
That is absolutely hilarious! I only wish I could have seen you and Steph at the NKOB concert. As for the Eagles, heck yeah. I would totally go to their concert, I don't care how old they are...
I'm going to the NKOTB concert here in Greenville in March!!!! 11th row, baby!!! (you don't even want to know how much I paid for the ticket....it's my birthday present!)
Post a Comment