Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Taste of Her Own Medicine" by Baby Max

Mommy and Daddy simply do not understand the difficulty of being a baby. The constant pressure, unreachable expectations, and struggle for attention. This is not even taking into account the physical demands placed upon my little body...walk, run, grow, stretch...and on and on. Plus, the dreaded teeth. Do you understand how painful it is to have bits on bone trying to break through the delicate skin of your mouth at all times? The pain is constant and only through brute willpower am I able to endure. Mommy tries to pacify me with that goopy gel - do you honestly think that causes any relief when four new teeth arrive at once? However, Mommy has had a taste of her own medicine recently. The evil doctor extracted her own pearly whites causing much swelling, tenderness, pain, and the muttering of words which I know she does not want me to repeat. I tried to comfort her, but inwardly I scoffed at her weakness. These wisdom teeth were of no use to her anyway, for they certainly did not make her wise! Perhaps, she will have more sympathy in the future.....it's hard to be a baby, after all.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aw, Marie, I'm sorry! I haven't had mine out and pray I won't have to do so!