The end of the year was full of fundraisers, parent-teacher conferences, goodbye parties, and lots of sweet handmade projects sent home. At Max's conference, we looked through his notebook from the year which is filled with pictures and stories of his time at ITP. We marveled at how much he had changed and delighted in the compliments from the teachers. All of us laughed when Jason and I inquired if Max ever had tantrums at school and they quickly responded "no", but assured us that every other parent had asked the same question! After completing the developmental assessment with the teachers, we felt proud of his progress and blessed that he has shown no delays despite his premature birth. Even though I still have some developmental profiles from a previous job, I promise I'm not grading my child all the time...just once!
The final party was hysterical as the parents joined the kids in painting pots (and hair), eating lunch (and cheese puffs), and participating in circle time (and dancing). I was AMAZED to watch my child remain in his seat without prompting while many of the other children did not show such restraint. My kid - the one who runs through the house non-stop and acts like a maniac. I know I'm bragging, but he also excelled at following directions! If only we could transfer all these traits to home....
Max adored his "school". He never cried when I left him and would often run off to play after giving me a quick greeting at pick up time. He always appeared very comfortable and I'm extremely grateful to the wonderful teachers, Melissa and Michelle, who are so caring and cheerful. I have never encountered a program that maintained such a high standard for activities, learning, and communication. And the standards were not only high for the staff and children, but also for the parents as well. The entire experience was positive and I know one little boy who can't wait for next fall!
1 comment:
Aw, looks like he is really enjoying daycare! He is such a cutie too! Why do they have to grow up so quickly?!
Post a Comment