Six years ago when Jason and I moved back to Greenville, we fell in love with the older neighborhood in which we now live. Our daily walks with Max always take us down my favorite street in Greenville, Crescent Avenue, and past one house that would make me sigh and comment to Jason, "I love that house." And Jason would reply, "It's not for sale."
Then a year ago, we were informed that it would be going on the market. We arranged to see it prior to the listing. Surprisingly, the interior of the dream house did not quite match the exterior. Although initially put off by the amount of renovations necessary, we made an offer but were unable to come to terms at that time. For some reason, I still continued to picture us in the house and to subject my friends to driving past it to see what might have been. And finally, it happened. The dream house is ours.
However, Dream House or Money Pit remains to be seen. We are anticipating spending the next four to six months renovating the bathrooms, kitchen, wiring, windows, etc. The house has incredible bones and the contractor told us he had rarely seen a house that was so well built and worth the trouble of renovating. But seriously, the toilets are from 1923. Who knew they had indoor plumbing in Greenville in 1923?
Thus, a whole new adventure begins! I am thrilled, but also nervous about this undertaking.In the end, I just hope that it is a place that Max will love and where we can enjoy raising our family. Follow along with the excitement and trials of renovations as we create our new home!
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun adventure! And congratulations!
What a beautiful house...congrats! Sounds like a lot of fun & planning ahead!
That is awesome! I can't wait to see the final product...Maybe on my next trip back home I can come by and see it :) I can only imagine what it will look like when you are finished!
Post a Comment