Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Just a Little Crush

I have developed a bit of a crush on our construction supervisor, Phil. Why is Phil so wonderful? Let me count the ways.

1. Phil always answers the phone when I call and he's never too busy to talk. He told me I could call on his days off or the weekend and he would always be happy to speak with me.

2. Whenever I ask Phil to do something, he does it. There is no nagging or reminding or prompting...it just gets done. And he usually goes far beyond what I asked him to do.

3. Phil seeks to make my life easier. He researches all options before presenting them to me and then tries to inform me about what is the best and the most cost effective.

4. Phil is handy and detailed. He has taken on several projects himself instead of hiring a subcontractor because he believes he might as well do things for us while he is at the house supervising. He added on to our fence, improved our fireplace mantel, built my nook, and countless other little things.

5. Phil never laughs at my ideas of my "visions". He just nods, says "uh huh" and tries to make it happen.


Is Phil this wonderful at home? Probably not, I should ask his wife and find out. Lately, Jason has become concerned about the amount of time Phil and I are spending together. I told him one incident sealed the deal in my mind. I made a decision and Phil attempted to talk me out of it due to the cost. Neither the crew nor the contractor could understand why we were going to the trouble to change something we would rarely see. At the end of the day, it was my husband who understood that this was the one little thing in our house that would bug me for the next forty years, and thus, was worth the expense of fixing it now instead of listening to me complain about it. That is why I married him!

No comments: