Hollywood arrived at Furman in the form of two distinguished alums who are professional actresses - and one also happened to be my college roommate! Laura and Tiffany provided four days of workshops, training, advice, and even a pesudo-Cultural Life Event for students and the general public. Sally, Rebecca, Jason, my parents, Laura's family, and myself were all eager to be a part of the "general public" and cheer on our favorite star! After watching her shine on a regional and national level, it was really special to hear her describe her profession, her goals, and her work style. She is amazing! Now we are just waiting for the invitation to LA to become her professional entourage....
(Insert Pictures from Sally Here - she was the only one with a camera)
Another benefit to watching Laura shape the young minds of Furman was that we got another roomie reunion so soon after our time at the beach. Jason left the house in search of quieter spaces as much giggling and talking ensued. Many trips out to Furman helped us create our own mini-Homecoming.

Laura was also able to stay a few extra days to play after her engagement ended. Max and I had planned to take her to out to enjoy Fall since California does not have the same seasonal appeal as the South. However, our outside plans were rained out, so instead Max introduced Laura to music class at the library and hysterical bouncing at an indoor jump location. I think we can safely assume that Laura has been scared away from having a baby any time soon!
Congratulations, Super Star! We hope you continue "acting professionally" with a long career!
3 comments:
So proud of Laura! Way to go!
I'd like to point out that Sally and I did buy those sweatshirts after we tried them on in the bookstore. I'd also like to point out that I was not wearing a stitch of makeup that day and had my hair back, which never happens except for spin class. Laura should have included in her talk that you always have to be camera ready or you'll end up on a blog somewhere looking less than flattering! ha ha ;)
Thanks, Vondi!
Musical Jamboree + Bounce House =
Appreciating Vonda's patience
Post a Comment