Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Max!

Dear Max,

Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby! I have pledged that we will finally stop calling you "Baby" now that your infancy is officially over. And one day I may even get around to changing the blog title...but probably not soon. This will be my final monthly letter to you. I will continue to write down your stories and special memories, as well as some semi-regular letters. I will treasure these vignettes of your childhood and I hope that someday you will treasure them too.

Max, we continue to learn many lessons from you each day. Parenting is a huge and sometimes overwhelming task. Your father and I feel a duty to provide for you in physical, emotional, and spiritual ways. Yet, you are the one teaching us responsibility, patience, and the power of grace. I am in awe of what has been entrusted to us. We are unbelievably blessed. Blessed by your smiles, your laughs, your heart, and your love. We only pray that we are worthy of all these blessings. Max, I love each day with you, but I cannot wait to see the person that you grow to be!

A look back at the past year in pictures:

13 Months


14 Months


15 Months


16 Months


17 Months


18 Months


19 Months


20 Months


21 Months


22 Months


23 Months


24 Months


We love you so much, our big toddler!

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Max, it makes me sad that I haven't seen you since you were a baby, but I have loved watching you grow up on the blog.

Love, your mommy's friend Meredith