During this season of Thanksgiving, there are many obvious things for which to be thankful: our beautiful new home is finished, our son is growing and thriving, and our stable, loving marriage. But there are some others this year that may not usually come to mind:
I am thankful to have too many homes instead of none at all.
I am thankful that the funding for my job is still present.
I am thankful for my mother, who has been Super Grammy for the past five months, providing encouragement, support, and child care during meetings with the contractor, trips to choose facucets, granite, cabinets, closets, etc. , emergency visits to the house, and too many other times to list.
I am thankful for the people who worked on our new home. I do not know many others who can say that they truly trusted their contractors. Phil and Jon were absolutely amazing, demonstrating respect and hard work as if it was their own home. Even the demolition crew was always friendly and accomodating. Several of them have asked to come by and see the finished product.
I am thankful for memories. As I am surrounded by packing boxes, I am constantly stopping to reminisce about different objects. Some of my favorite finds: The green concealer, the doctor's bag, the delta blocks, and many other treasures.
I am thankful for all the people that helped create these memories. And I am thankful that there are more to come! Let the moving commence!
1 comment:
Cosmetic advisor says I hope you threw out the green concealor! ha ha
Post a Comment