At last, pictures of the final product! I really wanted to show the before and after pictures, but I do not have the patience or the time to upload all of those right now. Our internet connection is coming and going, so I thought it best to seize the opportunity while I had it. Obviously a lot of the major parts of the renovations, like the plumbing and electrical, are not evident. All of these pictures are pre-move and decorating except the dining room because it was still being painted when we moved in. Enjoy!
Our home
Foyer
Dining Room
Living Room
Den
This was the sunroom previously. We raised the floor to make it level with the rest of the house, put in hardwoods and painted.
Study
Powder Room
We relocated the powder room to the hall to make it more accessible. We did keep the original sink and cabinet because we liked its charm.
The Kitchen
The biggest changes were in the kitchen. Before, the kitchen was separated into 3 small rooms off a hallway. We knocked out the walls to create one large multi-purpose kitchen.



Drop Area

My nook!
Master Bedroom and Bathroom:
Upstairs we created a master suite by combining 2 bedrooms.


Kids' Bath:
The other bedrooms upstairs still look fairly similar. We did take out a chimney, enlarge the shared kids' bath and redo the guest room bath.
Laundry Room:
We also closed off a hallway to create a laundry room on the 2nd floor.
3rd Floor
We did not change much on the 3rd floor because it had already been finished out, but I don't think I've posted pictures of it before. It includes a huge play area, sitting area, another bedroom and bath. The doors are original, as are the large picture windows.
That's it! More pictures to come as we slowly unpack and decorate.
We hope you will all come visit soon!
1 comment:
Love, love, love! I hope you'll post some after move in pics. I adore old houses. Our house is old too, but it's tiny -- I do have a nook though! Are those old telephone cubbies? I'm not sure.... it seems like that's what someone told me my grandmother's was for....
Post a Comment