The results for Max's chest x-ray and blood work were all normal. However, the doctor is still concerned about Max's lympth nodes and suggested further testing to make sure that nothing is missed. Max had a bout of stomach flu last week, which on top of the cold and recent ickiness has made me more anxious than I would typically be over a bug. This little boy cannot afford to lose any more weight! Although, I can tell that he is stretching out and getting taller, so some of the skinniness may be related to that as well.
On Wednesday we took Max back to the hospital for an ultrasound. We were instructed not to feed him before our 7:30 appointment. Max had different plans. He woke up several times during the night and then extremely early screaming, "Eat, eat!" He was very upset that we could not have breakfast or anything to drink. He cried and yelled until we forced him into the car to go to the hospital. On the 2 minute drive, he managed to take his shoes off and throw them at us while sobbing hysterically.
Fortunately, once we arrived he calmed down. He loved watching the fountain and counting the colored squares in the hallway. During the ultrasound he reclined, put his hands behind his head, and enjoyed the warm, gooey massage. The technician was astounded that a 2 year old could remain still for the hour process. Obviously, she was not at our house that morning.

I am very thankful that these procedures have not significantly bothered Max. On our nightmarish trip to the hospital, I had a brief glimpse of what everyday life must be like for parents of children with a chronic disease and my heart aches for them. We will continue to pray that the ultrasound results are normal and that the pediatric surgeon does not see a need to do a biopsy. Max has learned new techniques from all of this - now he likes to smear paint on his tummy in the bathtub and move a toy around on it, just like in the ultrasound!
4 comments:
What a big boy! We are praying for y'all. Please keep us posted...and give our big boy a hug!
Aw! He did so good! I'll be praying for you all!
Hi Marie!
I have been following your blog since I realized that the link on Ashlee's blog was to you guys. I am very familiar with medical uncertainty and I know how difficult it can be. Hang in there. He is precious. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
Julia
Thank you all! I feel in my heart that he will be ok - I just want some doctors to confirm it! I appreciate your concern!
Post a Comment