This year, July 12th marked our 7th wedding anniversary. But 2 days later on July 14th, we also celebrated the anniversary of our engagement. A work training in Durham, NC the weekend prior to the big days gave me the opportunity to stroll down memory lane (and Franklin Street) and visit all our favorite spots.

After Jason and I graduated from Furman we both moved to Chapel Hill, NC where I was attending graduate school. Jason eventually bought a home in Durham and I had an apartment in Chapel Hill. Upon my arrival back in the Tarheel State in 2010, I immediately went to see Jason's old house. It speaks volumes that I could locate it easily despite all the changes and development nearby, but it took days for me to remember how to get to my old apartment! I even spotted a car just like his driving down the road toward his house!
I was very fortunate to be able to visit my sweet friend Megan and her family, including new baby Grace! Her oldest daughter, Allie, is a breath of calmness compared to my full intensity boy. I had been there for about 4 hours when I noticed that Allie had not run a single time! Is it because she is a girl or a year older or because she is Megan's daughter?
Despite the fact that my husband refused to accompany me on the trip, I became extremely sentimental visiting our favorite restaurants (and realizing how often we used to eat out!) And, naturally, I had to make a stop at Elaine's on Franklin which was the site of our engagement! I even picked up two pieces of their famous chocolate cake and some homemade focaccia to take home for our anniversary dinner!
Happy 7th Anniversary to the man (and the cake) I love the most!
1 comment:
I still hate it that I was in SC while you were here!
Post a Comment