Every day for weeks I heard,
"Mama, the postman bring my caterpillars today? They come in the mail? They get here today?"
Every time the mail arrived. Every time we saw the mail truck. Every time we went outside and he bent down to look for caterpillars.
And then, at long last, they arrived! Beautiful, creepy, crawly, curled up caterpillars!
Max carefully observed their growth daily.
Josh and Lori assisted with the careful transfer of the chrysalids to the mesh "butterfly garden" where they would eventually emerge transformed into beautiful butterflies!
But did something go wrong? Was it a butterfly massacre instead?
Nope, it was only a natural part of the process the instruction book informed us. "Do not be alarmed by the red liquid which looks like blood coming from the butterfly."
Soon it was time for the butterflies to spread their wings and fly away!
Goodbye, friends!
1 comment:
I've been wondering if the butterflies made it! I'm so glad it was all a success and we were able to be a part of it. :)
Post a Comment