Ms. Patty (Max's favorite non-family babysitter) was putting Max to bed one night.
Max: I'm going to cry tonight.
Ms. Patty: Why are you going to cry?
Max: So Mommy will come. I'm going to cry so she will come in.
Ms. Patty: No, you don't need to cry. Mommy will be home when you wake up in the morning. You shouldn't cry if you don't need her.
Max: Yeah, I'm going to cry. I cry and she comes. Sometimes it takes her a long time.
Ms. Patty: I'm sure she always comes.
Max: Sometimes I have to cry a long time. And really loud.
Ms. Patty: You aren't going to cry tonight because you are a big boy.
Max: Yes, I am! (Mischievous grin)
Ms. Patty warned Mommy that she might be in for a rough night. However, Max must have changed his mind or lost interest in the test because he slept 12 hours without a peep. Or maybe he just didn't cry loud enough...
2 comments:
Marie- I love it. I read the blog all the time and am always tickled pink about Max's adventures and his "Maxisms". Congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family.
Funnnny! I know Henry is thinking the same thing. He has me whipped, unfortunately.
Post a Comment