
The nightly drama gradually decreased from hours of hopping out of the bed to 30 minutes to (almost) completely staying in his room. Now Max helps us read to Sarah and put her to bed before starting his own routine. His new bedtime is closer to 8:30. One good result of the mess was the birth of a a new tradition that I love - I stay in the bed with Max for a few minutes after Daddy says goodnight. We talk about our favorite parts of the day and if there is anything we would change. Then we discuss what he wants to dream about that night. His answers often surprise and delight me! Bedtime is still a 2 man job these days, but it finally seems as though we are passing through this stage or, as Max puts it, "I'm back on track!"
No comments:
Post a Comment