Saturday, June 29, 2013

New York, New York

The Big Apple with our Big Boy




It is so interesting to view a place from a child's perspective.
Max noticed (and repeatedly commented on) the air conditioners, water tanks, and fire escapes on buildings


 and the steam from manholes. 


There was something exciting and new to see at every turn!


It was really special to Mommy and Daddy to have individual time with Max. Mimi and Babba were thrilled to take care of our sweet girl while we were away. As a mother, I have lots of time alone with Sarah while Max is at school or an activity, but it is rare to have time with only Max. And as much as he loves his sister, Max also loved being the sole focus of our attention for a few days! Sarah excitedly told everyone that we were in "New Yoke" and was only slightly distraught at our delay in getting home. She asked Mimi, "Why Mommy plane not fly?" However, her biggest hugs were for Max when we finally got home!


Once again, I am so grateful for this little man and I think he truly appreciates the opportunities we have provided. He said, "Thank you for letting me go to New York with you. I had the best time ever." 


Me too.

No comments: