Sarah is always talking. Chattering, repeating, pontificating, and conversing - the child is never silent.
A selection of her latest soundbites:
When Max is upset:
"It be ok. I help you, Max. It be fine. It be ok. Have a pretzel."
When she is called a nickname:
I NOT a love bunny.
I NOT Sarah Cat.
I NOT squir woor (squirmy worm).
I NOT a Baby!
I AM BIG GIRL!
Scene: Family is in car driving past a house being renovated and painted.
Mommy to Daddy: I like the color they painted that house. I wonder if they are going to get a new roof.
Sarah: They get new roof?
Mommy: I'm not sure.
Sarah: They get new roof.
Every time we pass the house in the car for the next two weeks:
Sarah: They get new roof, Mommy? They get new roof?
Scene: Mommy desperately tries to find Sarah's red shoes before leaving to meet friends for dinner. Unable to find the red or white shoes, Mommy resorts to sandals with pink flowers and delivers them to Sarah in the car.
Sarah: Those no match (her dress).
Mommy: I know they don't match, but I can't find your red shoes.
Sarah: They in Mommy's purse.
Mommy: No, they aren't in my purse.
Sarah: No match! No match!
Mommy: Your shoes were in the living room, but now I can't find them.
Sarah: They in Mommy's purse.
*Lightbulb*
Mommy: Did you put them in Mommy's purse, Sarah?
Sarah: Yeaaaaah. (Big smile)
And upon returning home to where Mommy had left her purse, the red shoes were discovered.
Moral: Always ask Sarah first.

No comments:
Post a Comment