Thursday, October 31, 2013

Boo to You!

Sarah's love for flamingos and one-legged stances is widely known. A friend gave her a flamingo costume months ago, which has been hanging in her closet. She would go to the closet and touch each item on the  rack saying, "Pretty dress, pretty dress, sweater...'MINGO!" She has also informed everyone since last June that she was going to be a flamingo for Halloween. 

Another generous friend offered Max a dinosaur costume, which he liked a lot. But after trying it on he said, "Mommy, I know you like for me and Sarah to match, so if you want me to wear something else I will." My sweet boy knows me so well! Together, we came up with the idea of the zookeeper. Max was eager to catch his sister! 

The Flamingo and the Zookeeper






Halloween is a family affair, so Mommy and Daddy needed costumes, too!  Sarah also loves the baby giraffe, Kiko, at our zoo. So I became the Mommy Giraffe with Baby Kiko in the carrier. It was NOT a clever way to tell people that I was pregnant as some others believed! (I am not pregnant.)


Our first costume occasion was trick-or-treating at Daddy's office. 
Sarah was eager to see the Gorilla again, but only through the glass window!


Sarah and AJ



Trunk or Treat at our church


Sarah was not a fan of handing out candy instead of receiving it! 


And finally Halloween night! 
The Zoo Crew:
Alligator, Zookeeper, Giraffe, and Flamingo


It is definitely a zoo around here!

No comments: