Monday, April 7, 2008

Mr. Big Stuff and the Land of Nod

We took Max to the doctor last week for his four (and 1/2) month check-up and he weighed....wait for it.....a whopping 12 pounds! We obviously need to put this child on a diet. I can definitely attest that he eats much more than his weight would indicate. He was 25 inches long, which puts him in the 37th percentile for height. The doctor said he was very proportional and that his growth was steady. It just still seems so small!

However, 12 pounds seems to be the magic number. When I was a baby, I started sleeping 12 hours a night when I weighed 12 pounds. It seems (hopefully) like Max will be taking after me! I don't want to jinx it, but he has been sleeping through his night feeding. Now that he has done it several times in a row on his own, I think I will push him to go without it if he wakes up. I think he probably would have dropped it before now except I was worried about him not getting enough to eat while he is such a lightweight. Both the doctor and Grammy assured me that he would eat more during the day to make up for it, but Mommies have to worry about something! Fingers crossed!

So one would assume that Marie has been enjoying several nights of good rest, right? Wrong. Frank and Bean have decided that although they sleep for approximately 22 hours of the day that one of their awake hours should come in the middle of the night. What fun to chase one another and jump on and off the bed! And on and off. Don't snicker...we have no where to lock them up and if we shut our bedroom door, they cry. Very loudly. Worse than the kid. In addition to their nightly activities, I was awakened at 4 am by men talking very loudly outside our house. I didn't see anyone out the window but I could hear them. At 4:30 (yes, still awake) they came back around and appeared to have flashlights and dogs. They came into our driveway and to the gate of our backyard. I woke up Jason and we called 911 because there have been some burglaries in our area (it's not the ghetto, I promise). The responder says it "might" be the police because they are searching for someone who left the scene of the accident. "Might be"? I would like a definite answer please. Sleep was a lost cause after that. I am now convinced there is a global conspiracy to keep me from sleeping.

No comments: