One year ago today, we got some very exciting (and surprising) news....we were going to have a baby! For those of you who don't know the story, Jason and I were leaving for a trip to Egypt on the day we found out. I really had no reason to take a pregnancy test, I just thought I would so that I would know for sure that I was NOT pregnant before we left. Needless to say, I was incorrect! After stunning Jason with the news, we had to ride to the Atlanta airport with my mother while keeping quiet about the biggest secret ever. I knew my mom would not let me step on a plane to fly around the world if she knew her grandchild was in utero. Fortunately, our trip gave us the opportunity to get a great picture to use to spring the news on our parents!
Anyway, Jason and I were talking about how much our lives have changed in the past year and I thought I would flashback to what we were doing at this time last year.
One year ago, we were:
- Packing for our trip to Egypt
- Searching for the perfect hat and dress for the Kentucky Derby
- Answering "Not now" to my family's repetitive requests at Easter about when were we going to have a baby
- Attending the Be a Bunny party
- Celebrating the safe arrival of the Howle twins
- Seeing tacky movies like Blades of Glory and going to Taste of the Nation
- Going to see Camelot and Sweet Charity at the Peace Center
- Cheering at Greenville Drive games
- Sharing in the excitement of wedding planning with Laura
- Anxiously anticipating the birth of Little Billy (William)
- had no idea how much our life was going to change and that we would have an almost five month old baby to adore a year later!
No comments:
Post a Comment