Baby, you are six months old and halfway through your first year! We won't be able to call you "Baby" much longer...which we seem to be calling you too often since you are more likely to respond to it than to "Max"!
Your smiles are constant and never fail to bring one to my face as well. Your hair is starting to grow back and fill in your mohawk. No more punk rock for you! Your eyes change color daily. Some days they still look blue, sometimes they are green or brown, and occasionally they appear gray. Who knows what color they will end up!

Your legs seem to have super human strength and you want to stand, stand, stand all the time! You are starting to sit up straighter now, even though it doesn't last for very long. As soon as you figure out how much you can play in that position, I think you'll enjoy it greatly. Grammy is convinced you are going to be a "back crawler"! You can wiggle your way around in circles by scooting on your back. You also have a great move in the bathtub where you scrunch down and thrust your pelvis up. Daddy and I are a little worried that you might find work in the male entertainment business.

You celebrated your half birthday with your first trip to the lake! It was a great weekend and you proved to Mommy that you can still sleep well, even in other places. However, you were very wiggly in the Pack and Play, although you've stopped moving around at night in your crib at home. I think your schedule will change in the very near future and you'll shift to just two naps during the day. But I'm enjoying that you still have three naps at the moment! This week will be very exciting as we start your first solid foods! And Grammy and Grandpa leave on Wednesday for their trip to Alaska, so we will be on our own for a while, kid.

Most of all, I love the way you look at me, Max. I love the way you smile when I walk into the room, I love your laugh, I love how you pat my face and grab my fingers. I love our snuggle time. I love that you are mine and Daddy's....a perfect, precious gift.
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment