Sunday, May 4, 2008

Word of the Week: PARTY

We have been overwhelmed by parties and fun lately! Last Thursday, my college roommate Rebecca arrived for a weekend fest of parties, giggling, and talking. Jason went to a United Way party on Thursday night while we caught up. On Friday, Jason and Rebecca went to a party at Furman, and I stayed home with Max after a long day of driving to Charlotte for a work training.

Saturday was the main event.....Little Billy's First Birthday Party! Rebecca and I drove to Florence to celebrate the birthday of our "roomie nephew", William. Our other roommate Sally is a Party Planning Diva and she did not disappoint us. William had a polka dot themed birthday party, complete with 100 beach balls (round like dots, get it?) and a bubble machine! The birthday boy was a doll and all the kids had a wonderful time. I cannot believe that William has already been here for an entire year. There is something very special about watching your best friend become a mother and seeing so many of her wonderful characteristics in her child. I feel very honored to be able to share in all the joys and trials of William's life, even if a lot of it is through emails and blogs. I can't wait for more!


Then after the excitement of Saturday, there was still more party fun to come! On Sunday, I got to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Madeline. And of all the showers I have been to recently, this time I remembered my camera! Here is my friend Lyndsey, the mommy-to-be and her bump, the baby-to-be. Hope the diaper mobiles made it home safely!

And a big welcome to the party of life for Eliza Faris Connor, born on May 2 and Collin Jones, born April 18 (sorry, a little late getting that one up :) We are so glad you are here!

No comments: