Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Harvest Time

I've always had a difficult time naming my favorite season. I adore the first warm days of Spring, when it feels as though you are coming out of hibernation. I relish driving through our neighborhood, which is full of old oak trees, and seeing the bare areas fill in with leaves and the azaleas make the streets bright with color. Yet, as a true Southern girl, I crave the heat of summer. I can literally feel it soaking into my skin, making me tingle. You can find me luxuriating in some type of body of water, be it pool, lake, or ocean for most of the season. But Fall is special too. The leaves crunching underfoot, the slight chill in the air, and the sounds of bands and football make me long for the days of school. (Winter, however, is not a contender. I consider the milder winters to be a positive benefit of global warming.) Sappy as it may seem, every season has seemed sharper and more enjoyable this year with Max. To pass along that joy, here is a little taste of Max in Fall......







1 comment:

The Dales said...

Aw...we love fall too! Perrin has the exact same outift, only a little bigger! heehee!