In honor of Jason's first 30 years, we had a travel-themed celebration! There were maps, globes, and 30 beers from 30 different countries....almost. I was able to get to about 21 using just the countries he has traveled to, but then I was forced to become creative because Greenville does not have a large enough beer selection. That's how Jason ended up with Purple Haze (for Furman), Tiger (for Frank), and a few representing places he has been in the vicinity of or that I know he would like to visit (He-brew for Israel). His gift was a personalized map with pins to show the places he has been. Your eyes do not deceive you - we haven't put the pins in yet!
Jason has finally embraced my concept of multi-day birthday celebrations. On Friday, it was tapas, beer, and chocolate rum crunch cake with a select group of good friends. Saturday was a yummy home cooked dinner and chocolate peppermint pie with family. And Sunday was birthday fun with Max day!
I don't think we will be using the blow up globes to teach Max geography. They still had Yugoslavia and the Commonwealth for Independent States (for the former Soviet Union) on them. That's the quality you get when you buy globes at the Five and Dime store!
Thanks to everyone who made Jason's birthday special. As a wonderful husband and father, he deserves it!
4 comments:
Very cool theme! Love it!
The one thing I will miss when I'm the mom of an infant is planning trips. We were supposed to go to China next year. Oh well, I think a little one is worth the wait. :)
I know, I know! Obviously, it is worth it, but we miss traveling. We are actually thinking about China for spring 2010. Interested? How much fun would we have together? LilHen will be almost one, I'm sure you'll be ready to go to the other side of the world!
Oh Marie you are so clever! So what are you going to do for your 30th?
You found a Hebrew beer?! Do you know how I have longed for Gold Star for the last 9 years!? Holy cow its been 9 years. good grief. We were probably in Greece 9 years ago today...sniff sniff. Anyway, I digress...apparently a Jewish deli in NYC has Gold Star. My quest will continue closer to home.
Post a Comment