Monday, January 26, 2009

"House Arrest" by Baby Max

Since our latest treaty, Frank and I have co-existed in an uneasy peace. This status quo is due in part to Frank's discovery of my hidden gift. When I lay my head upon his body, I can hear his thoughts. This only works when we have actual face to fur contact. However, you can understand how this revelation might upset him. No longer can he hide his devilish plans! In fact, I have learned many useful skills for acquiring what I want from Frank's thoughts. For example, Frank knows to continue to cry or yelp when he wants something. Eventually, others will allow him to do what he wants in order to stop the noise. This tactic also works for me! Frank's thoughts also showed me that my subjects may attempt to hide items from me, but I can outsmart them with careful observation. Now, I know to make note of the location of these desired objects so that I can continually go to that spot in search of them. The lessons of dictators are eternal, regardless of who is in charge.  

My gift lured me into a sense of security because I believed I would know what Frank was plotting. However, I did not account for the unfortunate collision of spontaneity and opportunity. Recently, I was in my chamber being amused by my favorite subject, Mommy. I had allowed her to read and sing and perform interesting antics for quite some time, but was ready for a breath of fresh air and a stroll outside. Yet, when she went to the door, it could not be opened! We were trapped! The traitorous Frank had locked us inside! I angrily crossed the room and pounded on the door for Frank to reveal himself. I could tell by his shadow that the brown cat was pacing outside the door, no doubt taking delight in our fear. Mommy worked tirelessly to open the door, but it would not budge. I retreated to the chair to devise a strategy. Mommy began to perspire and show signs of anxiety when the door remained unopened. We had no food. No drink. No hope of rescue for hours. I let forth a scream of rage and shook my clubs. Outsmarted by a cat!


Fortunately, I have the most loyal subjects of any kingdom. Mommy refused to accept defeat and was finally able to liberate us from my bed chamber! I demanded to be taken to Frank at once. No more chances, the cat must be punished! I took my clubs and knew exactly how I wanted to wield them. Yet, the treacherous beast remained in hiding until my anger had cooled. Upon further reflection, I have decided to develop a more cunning form of revenge. The brown cat will be punished, oh yes, but he will have no idea that it is coming. Revenge as a cold dish, indeed.....

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

So funny! I'm glad you got out!