Friday, April 10, 2009

On the Homefront


Home, sweet home! Mommy, Grammy, and Aunt Stephanie have returned from our Italian Adventure, but I think Max was so busy while we were gone that he didn't have time to miss us! He got Nana all to himself for the first week, two fun days with Aunt Deanna, loads of special Daddy time, Easter egg hunts, train rides, and even extra school. A HUGE thank you to Nana, Deanna, and Jason for allowing me the opportunity to participate in such a special trip. I am extraordinarily grateful! And I know all of you are extraordinarily tired.

It was definitely difficult to be away from Max for 8 1/2 days and the only reason I felt remotely comfortable doing so was because I knew he was being well taken care of (i.e. spoiled) by other loving family members. Jason emailed me pictures of Max (and even a few of Frank) each day to help make the separation a little easier. However, it wasn't all fun and games. I did get one email from my dedicated husband that read, "While we were playing in his kitchen today, Max hit me in the face with his frying pan. I think he is ready for a different caretaker. Come home." It's nice to be appreciated! 


We had a wonderful trip, but I am so glad to be reunited with my boys and get my daily quota of Max hugs!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great trip.