The day began in an ordinary manner. I accompanied my loyal servant Mommy on some outings throughout the city before stopping for a brief frolic in a green field. While there, we encountered some peasants who sought to gain my favor. They flattered me with the information that they had named their youngest offspring after myself, the greatest king...blah, blah, blah. I detest such obvious bids for my approval. While Mommy listened to their drivel, I did my best to ignore them and concentrate on my calisthenics. That is until the leader of this revolting group turned around and took a most astonishing object from her pocket. This vile woman pulled Pelt out of her garment! As I stared in disbelief, she then handed my precious and talented Pelt to her dribbling, ridiculous child! "Pelt!" I screamed in horror and rushed to rescue him. But the child would not give it to me!
What was I to do? How had this travesty occurred? My mind raced, examining the possibilities. The only conclusion to be drawn was that Frank had somehow kidnapped Pelt and sold him to this group of outcasts...these were no ordinary subjects, they were traitors! Should I use brute force to wrest Pelt away? Or did they want a ransom to return my most trusted advisor? Before I could formulate a plan, Mommy was pulling me away from the scene. I cried inconsolably trying to convince her to stand and fight! The Max does not run away from a challenge, nor does he leave a man behind!
However, Mommy knew what she was doing. She and Pelt must have somehow communicated without me knowing it because when we arrived back at the car, Pelt was there! He had managed to escape! I clutched his limp frame to me and assured him that I would never, ever let Frank get his claws on him again. Once home, I paraded Pelt in front of the cats to let them know that their latest bid for power had not worked. Finally, I issued a proclamation telling of the deviousness of the cats. No one will be safe while they remain in the kingdom! They must be exiled!
No comments:
Post a Comment