Dear Max,
Usually I write you a monthly letter telling of your latest accomplishments and describing some adorable story about you. However, I am afraid that one day when you (or your wife) reads these letters, you may have an inaccurate portrait of your early life. Not every day is perfect, nor can your cuteness always win me over. This has been one of those weeks.
An excerpt:
Up about an hour earlier than usual. Screaming upon wake-up.
Refusing breakfast and screaming for Mommy. Mommy arrives and you scream for Daddy.
Racing around our bedroom banging your dump truck into the furniture. Screaming when it is taken away.
Trying to reach the cat on the bed. Screaming when you can't get to him.
Begging for a snack early. Screaming 1/2 hour later for more milk.
Playing happily for 15 minutes. Screaming when you become disinterested in activity.
Short nap. Scream for Mommy.
Want to go outside. Screaming when you can't go in the street/reach your sand bucket/don't have enough bubbles.
Go to the fridge and scream for milk. Really, really scream when offered water and throw it to the floor.
Scream, scream, scream when you do not get your way exactly when you want it.
This is only an example and compiles several days into one. Within each day, there are still many sweet Max moments. I know you have teeth coming in and that you don't feel great. But can we tone down the screaming a bit? I understand that some days are just terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.....and that we all need to move to Australia.
No matter how frustrating you are, I still love you all the time.
Love, Mommy
1 comment:
I love the Alexander book references. :)
Post a Comment