Thursday, November 12, 2009

Chaos!

We are about 1 week from the completion of our new house and total chaos has set in! Last week, there was a crisis with the tile, a problem with the lighting fixtures, issues with the paint in the dining room...just to name the major ones. I really did not think I would still be visiting the tile gallery this close to the end. Unfortunately, the chaos is not limited to only one area of life. I was also involved with court for three different cases at work last week and we did not get the outcomes we desired. Additionally, I was struggling with a grumpy toddler and trying to get our current house cleaned for several unexpected showings. Max definitely has been picking up on the stress and has had several meltdowns, which is very unlike him. This week, I had my own meltdown(s). Although I am used to juggling many different things, I have really reached my limit. I am so tired of making decisions that I just want the house to be finished and we will deal with any changes or problems later on.

Last weekend, we decided to take a step back and concentrate on family time. I believe one reason I have felt imbalanced lately is because I haven't had enough time with Max. He his my stabilizer and when we are together I have to concentrate on him, not on anything else. As Jason says, we should all live life like The Max. He goes full throttle until he falls into bed and then he sleeps peacefully. Max doesn't worry about the future or what problems the next day will bring. He lives in the moment. Why should we be any different? Perhaps that is one reason we are instructed to be like little children. It is a reminder to trust that we will be taken care of and that things will turn out alright. One way or another.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Marie, I'm sorry for all the stress and imbalance and will pray it comes to an end very soon!

Ashlee said...

Praying for a smooth transition and less chaos for you! Can't wait to see the house!

Marie said...

Thank you! I'm feeling much better and a bit guilty about being such a whiner :)