37 Weeks and Full Term - way to go, Baby Sarah!

The end of pregnancy is brutal. It makes having a newborn sound like a pleasure cruise. My current complaints:
My feet (and toes) are so swollen that I had to leave work at lunch to buy a pair of bigger shoes. At Walmart, no less.
I wake up 382 times per night trying to get comfortable, go to the bathroom, or push Frank off me.
Rolling out of bed is a major task.
Even my maternity tops are getting too short.
It is a struggle to get off the floor after playing with Max.
The heating pad is a permanent fixture in my bed, as are the snoogle and 3 pillows.
My belly gets in the way of everything from washing dishes to brushing my teeth.
I miss wine.
I am paranoid that labor is starting with every Braxton Hicks contraction or trip to the bathroom
I am a hippopotamus.
However, I try to remember that each of these irritations leads to one more day of Sarah's lungs developing more fully. One more day for her to gain weight. One more day for her little brain to grow bigger. One more day for her to enjoy her cozy uterine home and to feel her move inside me. One more day is worth it.
1 comment:
Hang in there -- you're getting closer to a "normal" newborn experience, which is something that I pray we get to have one day too!!
Post a Comment