Monday, March 14, 2011

Showered with Love

Sarah is one lucky baby. Thanks to three showers and the generosity of our family and friends, we now have blankets, swaddlers, burp cloths, toys, books, diapers, and enough smocked and ruffled clothing for several children....all in varying shades of pink and "girl"!

My friends celebrated Sarah with a baby dinner at Brick Street Cafe... a fitting choice since I also had a lingerie shower there before my wedding! Sarah and I were treated to a wonderful dinner, carrot cake dessert for my Easter baby and a fabulous time with friends. And despite having two others in our group who are expecting (Perry with twins!) in the next few months, they insisted on honoring us each individually.



Max's early arrival meant that I missed the showers scheduled for him in Louisville and at work. The amazing ladies at my office more than made up for it this time around with a special and memorable luncheon for Sarah. I was also "showered" with advice about little girls from the experts!



Sarah's sweet aunts, honorary aunties, and great aunt hosted a couture cupcake soiree for our little girl! My cravings for cupcakes were overwhelmed by the sweetness of the party and everyone's love for our new addition!







Thank you all for sharing in our joy and giving us the opportunity to celebrate multiple times!

No comments: