Sarah has been preparing for this moment for her entire life...all 2 and 1/2 weeks of it. Episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" and Royal Wedding coverage have consumed her days and were an ever present feature at mealtimes. Wedding discussions and speculation have surrounded her. Finally the big day arrived - the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Sarah awoke at 5 am without hesitation and her timing was impeccable. We began watching right as Prince William left for the church. Hats were placed on heads (with pajamas) and the scene was set for the royal celebration.

However, someone could not quite keep her eyes open.

The entire world was awake on her schedule and yet she was asleep.

At a more reasonable hour, Max and Daddy reluctantly agreed to watch a portion of the Royal Wedding, too. Max was totally uninterested in the church, bride or groom, but was fascinated by the horse drawn carriage ("wagon") and the castle.
Mommy: "Do you think you could build a castle like that one?"
Max: "I don't know if I have that many blocks! I'll have to use my wooden blocks because they have more shapes than the letter blocks. Let's try to do that later. I'll build a castle for me and Mommy and Daddy and Frank and Bean and my baby sister."
Later that morning there was tea for Mommy, milk for Sarah, and scone for Max.
Mommy: Scones are from England where the wedding is taking place. They eat scones there.
Max: Mommy, scones aren't from there. Scones are from Starbucks.
2 comments:
haha! That Max, he's so smart. Nothing gets by him! And Starbucks does have some tasty scones! Loving the pictures of sweet Sarah. I need to come by and meet her soon!
My sister Nancy could not sleep that night so she watched the Royal wedding. (She also wached Charles and Diana back in the day., at same time in the morning) Mike
Post a Comment