Sunday, May 1, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

Each night at bedtime Max reads three prayers from his prayer book that Auntie Beckers gave to him and then says his own prayers with Mommy and Daddy. It is one of our favorite times of day because we discover some of the things Max has been pondering. Some of the prayer requests remain the same each day and some change frequently. For example, "God bless the diggers, the workmen and the dirt" has recently been added.

Max came into our bedroom one morning as I was watching news coverage of the tornadoes that ripped apart the Southeast. He saw the pictures of rubble and devastation and asked what had happened. We discussed how the people had lost their homes and their belongings. I suggested that we add them to our prayers. Naturally, I had forgotten our conversation by that evening, but Max had not. As soon as we began his prayers, he said, "Don't forget the people and the houses and the cars that got torn down. God needs to help them build those houses back." And he remembered again the next night.

Max, I am humbled by your kind spirit and pure heart. You have so much to teach us about loving and caring for others. God blessed us with the gift of you!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Max- From the community that had their houses and cars tore down we say thank you for your prayers to have God help us build them back up.

Marie said...

Oh Julia, we are praying for you and sweet Perron specifically now. Be safe!