Dear Sarah,
Your big, bright eyes take in everything around you! You are very attentive to what is going on and want to be upright constantly so you can look around. The center of your attention is Max and you contort yourself like a pretzel to follow him with your gaze. You are definitely Big Brother's Number One Fan. Currently your eyes remain blue, but I am not convinced they will stay that way. I think you may still become our brown eyed girl.
One of life's sweetest sounds is your giggle. I can always make you laugh by poking you with my nose and tickling your face with my hair. Max does his own imitations of those actions in hopes of making you laugh, too. And your laugh sounds a lot like your Mama's - gaspy and excited - and makes everyone else smile in amusement. You also sigh quite frequently and suck on your bottom lip. We understand that it is hard to be a baby. When you are unhappy, your cry is like a little wounded bird.
We like our family snuggle time with books. 'Everywhere Babies' and 'I Love You, Baby' are currently your favorites, but Max insists you like 'How I Became a Pirate' and 'If I Ran the Circus'. Before naps and bedtime we always sing Twinkle, Twinkle and Jesus Loves Me. You are a big fan of dancing, too! Daddy loves to do the conga while holding you, while Mommy is partial to the cha-cha.
On your four month birthday, you were 12 pounds, 11 ounces and 24 inches long, putting you in the 30th percentile for weight, height and head circumference. So much for our little piggy! I am not sure how Daddy and I keep producing these teeny babies, but maybe you will appreciate your skinny genes one day when you are a world class gymnast! You certainly have the flexibility for it, and all your leg lifts and kicking must keep you in shape. It also means you have stayed true to clothing size and are wearing 3-6 month outfits.
As the little sister, you have already begun to establish that you can hold your own within this family. We are letting you sit in the high chair (leaning back) so you can participate in family meals. You throw a mean right hook when Max tries to hone in on your toys and the blue bird and the hanging giraffe know who is boss.
We love our happy girl!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment