Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Moments

Treasuring these moments...

I arrived home from work to be greeted by an unhappy baby and a hyper boy. We decided the best option was to take a walk before dinner. Sarah quickly calmed down as we began to stroll, and Max chattered happily while jumping on and off his boogy board. As we rounded the last corner on our block, Daddy called to see where we were. I told Max that Daddy was waiting at home and Max ran down the sidewalk and straight into his father's arms in the driveway. The four of us proceeded to camp out in the front yard. Sarah was laughing and cooing while Max twirled in circles and called out for his family to watch him. Contentment.

****

Hurricane Irene may have been wreaking havoc along the East Coast, but Greenville only got beautiful sunshine and a strong breeze - perfect weather for a kite. A last minute picnic at the park was the perfect opportunity for Max to use his kite again. Sarah and I watched the kite soar through the sky as Daddy helped Max steer. We waited with open arms as Max came running towards us, beaming and eager to share his happiness. Joy.

****

After saying bedtime prayers, Daddy and I told Max how special he is to us and how lucky we feel to be his parents. Max said, "I want to live with you forever. I don't want to go away from you." We assured him that he would always be our son and he replied, "I always want to be with you." Love.

My heart sings with love and thankfulness for this family.

No comments: