Sunday, April 15, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle

One of the many things we have enjoyed about our sweet Sarah is watching the interaction between her and Max. No matter what stresses or challenges the day has held, it all melts away at bedtime when Max sings Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to Sarah. Those few minutes are a bubble of calmness, contentment, and love.

Since the song brought Sarah (and us) such great joy, it seemed fitting to celebrate her first year with a Twinkle, Twinkle themed party!




Monthly Pictures


Party Goods

Sidenote: I always enjoy creating a "theme" party, but Jason does not share my enthusiasm. I used star-shaped containers to hold star-shaped puffs and star goldfish. I made star cookies to top the cupcakes instead of paper toppers because I thought the kids would enjoy them more. Star suckers, a star cake and a watercolor of the song verse completed the motif. Jason scoffs at such details and thought it was silly to put the non-themed food on a different table. I suspect he purposefully plopped down the random yellow bowl of snacks to upset the theme! Oh, Daddy.


Party Friends from far away....
Auntie Beckers and Auntie Sally



And party friends from nearby...
Claire, Abby and Anne Meyers

Some walked to the party...
Bennett

Some rolled to the party...
Eliza and AJ

And some found their own wheels...
Sam

Virginia

Some got wet..
Annie

Some stayed dry...

And everyone had a ball...
Curry

Even Batman and Wonder Woman!

William and Jayne Grace

Max and Kyle


The party went by in a whoosh!




The Main Event

This is how our family photos go - both kids trying to pull Mommy's hair!

The Star of the Show




Whoa, that is a big cake!


Did I mention I love cake?


So does the Max!

Time to say goodbye!


Party favors:
Pesonalized music CD (including Twinkle Twinkle) and star suckers made by Mommy!

The party continued on until this star fell....straight into bed.


We love our twinkling star!

No comments: