Friday, March 1, 2013

Call Me Crazy Date

The second month into our year of "dates" and we are already behind schedule...although we have been out on the town frequently!


Nope, this wasn't our official "date" either!



Thanks, Black and White Ball for featuring the great "prom" backdrop. We still look young enough to be going to the prom, right? Maybe as chaperones...


While pre-planning the date activities, I tried to include a mix of stay-at-home ideas, too. Often we are committed to functions that require a babysitter, but don't actually give us a chance to really spend time together (see pictures above). And when we are at home we are consumed by parenting and household activities. Our February (ignore the March dateline) date theme was Call Me Crazy.


Jason's imaginary psychiatrist, Dr. Love (just kidding, I didn't go that far) called him at work to inform him of his after-hours appointment. A crazy themed dinner (jello brains for dessert!) began the evening and then we settled in for our "session". I had a list of prepared questions ranging from serious to silly to absurd. It may seem ridiculous that a married couple needs a list of questions to have a discussion, but I actually think it gave us a sense of freedom to talk about topics that would not normally surface in our conversations. We had a great time and I certainly learned some information in the process!

Although I am a lowly therapist, not a psychiatrist, I did prescribe some medication for Jason: cinnamon jelly beans in a personalized pill bottle. Take one daily after a kiss!

Bill for services to follow.

No comments: