Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Potpourri

Some niblets of information and updates....

  • The kids group I lead at work (that I mentioned earlier) finished last week and I am happy to report that all the members seem to be doing much better. I am going to see a few of the kids for individual therapy, so I will be able to continue to monitor them. When we were wrapping up and asking the kids what they liked or did not like about the group, one responded that he liked that the group leaders would always listen and understand. I melted. It was a like a hug for my heart. They are all true heroes.

  • We had to take Max to the doctor last week because he managed to scratch his eyeball. Fortunately, he recovered quickly even though he had a red eye for a short time. Jason was very disappointed that they did not recommend a patch. He finds it hilarious that I had to wear one as a child to correct a lazy eye. Note to the eye doctor: It didn't work and kids with patches tend to get laughed at. Often.

  • Does anyone watch Gilmore Girls? I became a big fan after Max was born. The re-runs came on at 5, which was a fussy time for him each day. So we would lay on the couch, snuggle, and watch it together. I guess we managed to start it close to the beginning of the series and have continued to watch it. Last week, they showed the cliffhanger at the end of Season 6 and I was looking forward to seeing what happened. But did ABC Family care that Max and I were into it? NO! Instead of showing Season 7 (the final season) they started over again with Season 1. It's cruel. Does anyone own the last season? I'd love to borrow it and find out what happens!

Just some insight into the thoughts running through my brain today!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Hey Marie! I'm so glad to be introduced to your blog- too cute, I must say. I share your obsession with Rory and Lorelai. I own seasons 1-6 but do not have the final season, yet. I will tell you this- season 6 was much better than season 7, i promise. But if you ever want to borrow, let me know- i'm happy to share.

Cara