Dear Max,
I can already feel the sadness creeping in as I write this because I know the next letter will be in honor of your first birthday! As much as I write, I still feel inadequate at capturing all your special qualities, mannerisms, and stories.
As anyone who has viewed your photos will know, you are a champion thumb-sucker. However, you are unique in that you love BOTH of your thumbs equally. If we pull one out, you simply turn your head to poke the other one in. You can stand briefly on your own, but lose your balance when the thumb goes in. And it is in all the time lately because you are finally getting more teeth! One is sticking through on the top and two more are almost there. Which also means we can branch out to a larger variety of foods. We know we should be giving you more finger foods, but it was so hard when you couldn't chew anything up!
Each week, we pack away more of your baby items. You have graduated to the big tub and you treat it like a giant swimming pool (even as far as peeing in it!) Max, you are having a great time with your walking and push toys, like the fire truck. You do not limit your pushing to only these toys, instead taking delight in pushing everything you encounter.... tables, plant stands, your highchair. I found the wicker table from the sunroom in our living room!
You are also learning how to use items. You put the brush up to your hair and move it back and forth. You love to shake the lamp back and forth until I turn it on. The dishwasher has become my method for entertaining you in the kitchen because you can move the rack back and forth endlessly. I just have to keep you away from the cat food dish, although in your defense, their food does look like your puffs!
Baby Max, I don't know if I can stop calling you "Baby" after next month. Although you know your name, you definitely respond to Baby also. You've said both "Mama" and "Dada" to us, and those are beautiful sounds. You also have a sound you make for "cat" when you see Frank and Bean, but it doesn't sound anything like the word "cat". We are working on sign language and you have developed your own sign for "more" that looks like a backward wave. At least you are getting the idea. I cannot write enough about all the wonderful discoveries you make each day, and us too, as we get to discover more of who you are.
We love you, Baby!
Love, Mommy
3 comments:
You have quite a handsome little boy. I wish I could witness more of his growing up. Last time I saw him he was a little larva who couldn't hold his head up. I look forward to playtime with Auntie Lala!
Ditto to that. Wish I could see him (and his mommy) more often.
Thank you friends! I miss you guys too. At least we can keep up through blogs and pictures!
Post a Comment