While planning our upcoming trip to Italy, I made sure to consult all the pertinent schedules - work, school, and personal calendars for myself, Jason, my mother, his mother, my sisters, and so on. However, there was one schedule I forgot to check. I accidently planned to be gone during the Final Four. And of course, the University of Louisville is ranked the overall number one seed this year. And of course, they are going to end up at the championship in Detroit. And of course, I (and our babysitter) will be overseas, leaving Jason on baby duty and unable to attend. I believe this may cause a small rupture in our marriage. Actually, I've been told (by my husband) that it could cause a deep and permanent rupture. In fact, I have been instructed not to come home from Italy if Louisville does indeed make it to the Final Four. Thus, Max and I are torn - should we root for Louisville to win this weekend or to lose so that Daddy doesn't feel that he missed out? Oh well, Go Cards!
Red is for Painting
Red is for Elmo
Maybe it was William whispering to Max about his favorite character or maybe it was the marketing saturation, but Max has recently discovered Elmo. I thought we were safe because Max doesn't watch tv yet, but somehow Elmo manages to permeate the entire child culture. For his birthday, Max received a box of Elmo books to which he gave absolutely no attention. Yet, suddenly they have become his favorite stories and he is constantly bringing them to us to read. He even danced a little jig and started laughing hysterically when he found an Elmo book this morning. It's Elmo mania! Personally, I was rooting for Cookie Monster, but I guess that Elmo isn't so bad...for a red guy.
2 comments:
Wow! He looks so grown up in the painting picture! He's so handsome!! I read one of your posts a while back about Max's fascination with the tv. We have found that Blair loves the tv too, so I guess we'll have to be careful! It's good to know that we still have hope for her not watching it later.
Have a blast on your trip!
Max,
Blue is for Cookie Monster, Grover, [Blues] Clues, my boy [blue] (Dad will show you the movie in 2025), the sky and the Tar Heels. Since mommy has a degree from UNC, I hope you are cheering for them like you would for Pitino's boys. There is always the lady Cardinals that are in the final four.
Post a Comment